Saturday, July 25, 2015

Off the Cliff


I've reached the edge, at last!
I used to be afraid of falling,
but I am now in a point
where I can care no longer
about where the wind would take me
or if I'd die or survive with broken bones.

I just want to get away from here,
from this beautifully ruined place,
from the memories embedded
up to its dust and ashes.
This place has died long ago.
No more green leaves or tall trees,
no more clean air or water,
no more warmth in houses,
no more hope nor love.

But there's another place,
another side, another destiny,
waiting for me.
Is it down there?
Then I would have to fall
and get hurt.
However, if it's that one across,
then God would surely make me fly.

Nevertheless, one thing is for sure,
I've reached the edge, at last!
It's time to leave everything behind
and step off of the cliff,
with my arms spread like wings,
with my eyes closed,
and finally, with my heart light.

No comments:

Post a Comment