Sunday, November 29, 2015

Uncertainty


I am in a journey I didn't wish to start,
and I can see not where I am heading.
My map seems to point to Paradise though,
for the road lies in the Calvary
of bombarding uncertainty
and answered prayers,
but it's the same Calvary of dark abyss
where things are beyond my control,
where there's God's ringing silence,
and where I can only trust His heart.

I am in a journey I didn't wish to start,
and I can see not where I am heading,
so I just keep my eyes looking heavenward,
and my arms outstretched in worship.
I hold only to my faith, to the signs,
to my pain, and to my dreams.
I hold only to God's promises,
to that future, hope and prosperity.

I am in a journey I didn't wish to start.
I can see not where I am heading, but it's fine
for everyday I pray to God for surprises
and keeping things hidden and secret in the meantime
would make the unraveling a lot worthwhile.
Perhaps, God wants me to see
not the end of this journey, for all its worth,
so I could focus not on the end rewards
but on the beauty of the pilgrimage.

No comments:

Post a Comment