Tuesday, October 4, 2016

Where can I find meaning?


Where can I find meaning?
Is it covered by the clouds, or hidden behind the sun?
Is it at the end of the rainbows, or on top of the highest mountain?
Is it at the foot of a pyramid, or concealed in a rock or boulder?

How did others find meaning - such that lasts?
Is it under the priest's cassock or a nun's veil?
Is it tied in the string of a preacher's words, or squeezed between a writer's lines?
Is it at the tip of a child's smile, or in the breath of a dying old man?

And what if I would be able to see behind the clouds and the sun,
reach the end of the rainbows, and stand at the peak of the highest mountain,
lift pyramids, and crack all the rocks and boulders in the world?

Or what if I could look under a priest's cassock or a nun's veil,
unknot a preacher's words, and get in between a writer's lines,
touch the tip of a child's smile, and catch the breath of a dying old man?

Would I know if it's meaning I would behold or hold in my hand?
Would I know that I have found it?

No comments:

Post a Comment