Sunday, January 18, 2015

I prayed for wisdom



I whole-heartedly pray for wisdom, Lord,
for I believe that everything starts with it.

This wisdom will give me faith - a strong one.
Because wisdom will say why I should believe.

This wisdom will teach me courage.
Because she will provoke me to do the right thing
and tell me why I must not fear.

This wisdom will give me strength,
strength to endure all suffering.
She will remind me why I should not give up.

This wisdom will give me happiness,
profound happiness.
Because she will keep good insights going in my mind.

This wisdom will give me peace,
a peace that can't be destroyed;
the kind that is impenetrable.
Because wisdom will serve as its shield.

Grant me wisdom, Lord.
But most of all, grant me unceasing love for it.
Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment