Thursday, January 7, 2016

He calls









It hit me like lightning, 
one sunset,
while I was on bed, holding my rosary.
I was talking to Him,
prattling, actually,
and begging.

Then, it paralyzed me for a minute,
my eyes and mouth agape.
It took the form of a song,
that old and very familiar one.
Here I am, Lord
Is it I, Lord?
I have heard You calling in the night.
I will go, Lord, if You lead me.
I will hold Your people in my heart.

Its words struck me deep, as always,
yet this time, 
it was sweet and piercing,
heavy yet weightless,
cold and burning!
But I held on to it,
and savored it in my mouth,
then down my throat.

It felt warm inside.
It went deep beneath my skin,
then into my bones.
Finally, it captured my heart,
every inch of it,
every valve and chamber,
every cartilage and muscle,
every vessel!

Next thing I know,
salty tears were streaming down my cheeks.
It was my longest one minute.

Yes, it hit me like lighting -
His voice.
Trembling, I acknowledged,
"God is calling."

No comments:

Post a Comment