Tuesday, August 26, 2014

That day your dream comes true



I've been longing for that day
when finally I'd get to be
where I know I should be
and do what my heart desires.

That day, I'd wake up in the morning
with a smile on my face and glitter on my eyes.
and with a thankful heart I'd say,
"My dream comes true today."

That day, I'd take a refreshing bath,
wear my best clothes and shoes,
fix my hair, put on my make-up,
all to bring my best self forward.

That day, I would pour forth
the wisdom and knowledge I acquired
over the years of my study,
and I'd do it all with enthusiasm.

That day, I'd spread love,
touch everyone and everything with love,
and leave love in everyone and everything
and still, love would be overpouring within.

That day, however, there could be suffering
or challenges, failure and pain.
My passion would be tested,
my strength and will would be put into the fire.

That day, I'd certainly go home,
hungry, exhausted, maxed out
but still, with a smile on my eyes and glitter on my eyes
and with a grateful heart, I'd say,
"Hey, my dream comes true today."

No comments:

Post a Comment